Thursday, May 1, 2008

In the Stable

First there is Gosh, my stable star. He is a 14yo NZ Sport Horse (euphamism for bitza). He is my first 'proper' dressage horse and together we have bumbled our way from Elementary (about US 2nd level) to PSG/Inter I level. I'm hoping we haven't finished yet - we're aiming to come out at Inter II this winter with a view to tackling GP next season. He is an awesome creature with stunning movement but is super sensitive and has been rather tricky to train at times.


A new arrival is Da Vinci, a 4yo warmblood by De Niro out of a Flemmingh mare. With generations of performance breeding, he was always going to be special, I guess time will tell just how special! So far he shows exceptional movement and temperament so the world is our oyster...



And then there is Prospector, a 2yo Hannoverian gelding by Gryffindor. He has awesome movement and type and I can't wait until he is under saddle sometime next year.




No comments: