Saturday, June 7, 2008

It's all good!

Yesterday I had the team from Vet Equine come out and check Gosh over. The swelling had almost completely gone but I just wanted to check that everything was OK. Can't be too careful I say! Pete Gillespie was extremely thorough and scanned both front legs and found no tendon damage at all. Great news; the best guess is that he simply knocked it and being so full of feed the leg just filled. No need to stay off him, in fact the movement would be good for it so back to work it is. In saying that I have decided just one lesson with Bill this weekend... I had hoped to ride him quietly at home this afternoon but a southerly downpour has put paid to that idea - I melt in the rain!
I took Des (Da Vinci) along for a lesson with Bill today and he was completely awesome. Bill is fantastic with getting me to push the envelope that bit more. Today we really had Des up and humming and there was one medium trot where his back came up and he just flew. This horse has incredible movement and the most relentless rhythm. It is so very exciting to ride. Bill was laughing at me - he said 'just think, one day you're going to have to sit to that!' My pilates instructor is certainly going to have her work cut out for her achieving that much spinal mobility. A great day out, even if it did start out with him on tippy toes and snorting - he thought the rugby being played in the main oval a ridiculous thing to do!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Great news about Gosh!