Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Apologies!

To all my keen followers out there! I know it has been far too long.
It’s been a slow start to our season in Canterbury with the strangles outbreak cancelling what was to be our first graded day for the year. I was especially disappointed as Da Vinci is schooling so well and is now just in need of some mileage. This now means our first start will be at South Canterbury/North Otago’s qualifying show on the 5th of October at Winchester. I’m only taking Da Vinci with me as Gosh is not quite ready for the Grand Prix and I would like to concentrate on Da Vinci for his first day out. I have to confess to being a little nervous! His work is certainly good enough to compete in the two Level 2 classes I have entered him in, but the unknown entity is just how he will behave at a show. I guess we will know soon enough and I hope we do enough to qualify for the Young Dressage Horse class (at least 63% in 2.6) to take the pressure off for the rest of the season. I have both horses entered in the Canterbury Dressage Group All Grades Day the following weekend – Gosh in the Intermediate II and Da Vinci in the Level 2, but will only take Da Vinci if I feel he needs the extra day out. It will be Gosh’s first official start at Level 8/9 and I can’t wait! I will post a full report after the shows – wish us luck!

No comments: